As a letting agency and estate agents in Tunbridge Wells, we are well placed to help
our clients buy, rent and sell property in the area. Royal Tunbridge Wells is at the heart of one of the most scenic stretches of countryside in England surrounded by the unspoilt beauty of the High Weald
an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
In Georgian times it was a popular spa town and gained a reputation as the place to see and be seen amongst royalty and fashionable members of the aristocracy. The prefix 'Royal' dates to 1909, when King Edward VII officially recognised the popularity of the town amongst royalty and aristocracy by bestowing the town with its official "Royal" title. To this day, Royal Tunbridge Wells is one of only two towns in England to be granted this.
Tunbridge Wells Today
Today, Royal Tunbridge Wells retains much of the charm and elegance of its Georgian heyday, and the surrounding area remains a favoured destination for those who want to buy or rent property locally, and enjoy elegant surroundings in the countryside and be within quick reach of London - just 30 miles away. Gatwick, Heathrow and Stanstead airports and the south coast of England are all within easy reach.
But Tunbridge Wells is not just an historic town; it is a lively place with a modern shopping centre
, numerous restaurants
, including the award winning Thakeray's
, and leisure facilities that make it popular with families who enjoy the pleasures of town as well as the countryside. There are many sporting facilities and the district is home to prestigious golf clubs, including Lamberhust Golf Club
which is a 10 minute drive from the town centre, and equestrian centres.
Living Near Tunbridge Wells
If you would prefer to live outside Tunbridge Wells, you can explore the area online by clicking on the following links that will introduce you to the towns and villages nearby:
- Kent: Groombridge, High Brooms, Hildenborough, Langton Green, Lamberhurst, Paddock Wood, Pembury, Penshurst, Rusthall, Sevenoaks, Southborough, Speldhurst, Tonbridge, Westerham
- East Sussex: Cross in Hand, Crowborough, Five Ashes, Frant, Hadlow Down, Heathfield, Mayfield, Rotherfield, Uckfield, Wadhurst
Directions to Tunbridge Wells
- By Road - Royal Tunbridge Wells is situated on the A26 and A21 routes from London to the south coast and can be reached from both the M20 and M25 motorways within 20 minutes by car.
- By Rail - Tunbridge Wells Station is on the mainline rail service from Charing Cross to Hastings. Services take approximately 50 minutes to Charing Cross or Cannon Street. There is also a connecting service to Ashford International station and the Eurostar service with a journey time of around 40 minutes.
- By Air - Gatwick Airport, Heathrow Airport and Stansted Airport are all within easy reach of Tunbridge Wells. Gatwick is 40 minutes away by car or taxi, Heathrow 60 minutes and Stansted 80 minutes.
Tunbridge Wells Schools
Tunbridge Wells has excellent local schools achieving high exam grades and university admissions. Click on the following links to find out more about the facilities at each school:
Follow this link to find a complete list of Nursery Schools, Middle Schools and Sixth Form Colleges in Kent
Weather Forecast for Tunbridge Wells
Need to know more about Royal Tunbridge Wells and the latest property availability there? Use the Search facility on this page or CONTACT US
now and we'll help you. If there is nothing available that suits your needs, take a moment to Register Your Requirements
and we will contact you as soon as a suitable property becomes available.